Mm mm mm, these boy names that start with M sure are marvelous! With mythical, majestic, and mighty origins, we can see why parents would choose this most masculine initial for their new little lads.
Below, you’ll find a whole minefield of manly M names for boys, each with unique meanings and origins to marvel at. You’re bound to find the perfect one for your new little bundle of joy – so keep reading to find the most marvelous male monikers.
16 Manly Male Names That Start With M
These masculine M names will be lovely for your little gentleman.
- Mac – a Scottish surname prefix meaning “son of,” works great as a short, independent name.
- Major – an epic name for a commanding chief.
- Manly – a literal “manly” name, this rare choice may mean “man’s meadow, man’s lea.”
- Måns – this stylish Swedish name simply means “great.”
- Marcus – popular since Roman times, Marcus means “dedicated to Mars,” the god of war.
- Mario – a familiar Italian boy name, with the most “manly” meaning.
- Marius – a romantic name, derived from the Latin “maris,” meaning “male.”
- Mark – a beautifully biblical name and a shorter form of Marcus, meaning “warlike.”
- Marquis – from French origins, this regal name refers to a “nobleman.”
- Martin – meaning “warlike,” this badass name relates to the Roman god Mars.
- Mason – after an occupational surname for a stone worker, a very manly task indeed!
- Mertal – meaning “shield,” this is a cool, albeit unique, Kurdish choice among M names for boys.
- Metin – a powerful Turkish masculine name for a “strong” and manly man.
- Miles – meaning “soldier,” this Latin name sounds trustworthy and noble.
- Montgomery – an epic French and Norman name, full of “manpower” in meaning and attitude.
- Murtagh – destined for the most adventurous of men, this Gaelic name means “mariner, navigator.”
13 Majestic Boy Names That Start With M
Bow down to these guy names that start with M, each as regal and impressive as the next.
- Malik – an Arabic name best bestowed upon a future “king.”
- Mandeep – meaning “mind full of light,” this unisex Sanskrit name is one for powerful dreamers.
- Máni – after the personification of the moon in Norse mythology, for spaced-out little lads.
- Manish – this Hindu name is both spiritual and admirable, meaning “intelligent, God of the mind.”
- Manolo – assuredly meaning “God is with us,” this Spanish name sure is heavenly.
- Manuel – like Manolo, this gorgeous Spanish name also means “God is with us.”
- Mayur – a unique, bird-inspired name of Hindi origin, meaning “peacock.”
- Melchior – a radiantly regal name of Polish and Hebrew origin, meaning “king of light.”
- Michael – a beloved M name for little angels, whose meaning asks, “Who is like God?”
- Michaelangelo – a spectacular name combining two heavenly monikers, great for devoted little angels.
- Minh – a famous, revolutionary Vietnamese name, lighting up the room with its meaning of “bright.”
- Mohamed – a hugely popular and respectable name internationally, with many spelling variations, meaning “praiseworthy.”
- Mosiah – meaning “savior,” this Hebrew boy’s name is a majestic one to behold.
12 Mighty Boy Names With M Initials
These M names for boys are so magnificent, they’re worth marveling at!
- Magnus – one of the most powerful Latin boy names with M initials, meaning “great, mighty.”
- Mansour – fit for champions only; this Arabic name means “victorious one.”
- Mars – the Roman god of war, would make an epic namesake for a lad!
- Maximillian – is “the greatest” of Latin boy names that start with M.
- Maximus – a variant of Maximillian, offering that cute Max nickname.
- Merrick – a winning Welsh name meaning “fame, power, rule.”
- Mikołaj – a Polish form of the Greek Nicholas, holding the powerful meaning of “victory of the people.”
- Mohawk – a rich name meaning “eaters of men,” used by Native American (Algonquin) tribes for their enemies.
- Mordecai – meaning “warrior,” this Hebrew name sounds impossibly tough.
- Muhannad – an Arabic boy’s name meaning “sword” or “Indian.”
- Murdoch – means “sea warrior,” full of salty power and might.
- Murphy – a familiar Irish surname and given name with the badass meaning of “sea warrior.”
11 Modern Guy Names That Start With M
These suave and trendy M names for boys will stand out from the masses.
- Macklin – a Scottish-rooted surname, makes an effortlessly trendy choice for a modern man.
- Maddox – a very trendy name taken from a Welsh surname, meaning “fortunate, son of Madoc.”
- Marley – the sweetest British name, meaning “pleasant meadow” or “boundary meadow.”
- Marvel – any superhero-loving lad would adore this epic pick among cool names for boys that start with M.
- Maverick – a stylish name for a “nonconformist, independent” little rebel.
- McKenzie – a top Scottish surname turned modern given name, traditionally meaning “son of Kenneth.”
- Milton – means “mill town,” a charming example of a surname used as a given name.
- Mitchell – interestingly, this cool surname, middle, and given name come from the same stem as Michael.
- Morey – a modern-sounding variant of the Latin-rooted Maurice, meaning “dark.”
- Mors – a grim yet undeniably modern pick and the Latin word for “death.”
- Mungo – an affectionate name meaning “my dear,” notably belonging to the patron saint of Glasgow.
53 More Marvelous M Names for Boys
Mine through many more magnificent male names that start with M.
- Macario – this international boy name is just so upbeat and positive for a “blessed, happy” little boy.
- Madison – a cool, gender-neutral name with Southern flair, traditionally meaning “son of Matthew.”
- Makani – a spectacular, gender-neutral name from the Hawaiian word for “wind.”
- Malachy – a sweet name meaning “messenger,” belonging to the first native-born Irish saint.
- Malcolm – a strong, traditional Scottish name meaning “devoted to Saint Columba.”
- Mallory – although perhaps more common for girls, this unisex French name means “unfortunate, ill-omened.”
- Malvolio – invented by Shakespeare for a character in Twelfth Night, this shady M name means “ill will.”
- Manny – an adorable nickname of various names with that “man” element, such as Emmanuel.
- Marcel – means “young warrior” or “dedicated to Mars” in French.
- Marek – a Marcus variant most popular in Slavic countries, also for a “warlike” little battler.
- Marlon – a smart, unique American name, makes us think of the late actor Brando.
- Marlowe – a proper little Old English name, meaning “remnants of the lake.”
- Marshall – rooted in Old Scottish, this common surname and given name means “lover of horses.”
- Marty – a cool Martin nickname that would suit a new baby as much as a grown-up.
- Marvin – an Old English and Welsh name with various interpretations, all with a distinctly “sea”-faring appeal.
- Mato – uniquely of Native American (Sioux) origin, Mato has the cuddly-yet-chaotic meaning of “bear.”
- Matteo – a cool Italian form of Matthew, or use the more straightforward, Spanish version, Mateo.
- Matthew – means “gift of God,” loved by parents as a first or middle name for their beautiful sons.
- Mauno – this Finnish form of Magnus adds some foreign appeal to “the greatest” name.
- Maurice – a vintage, old man-type of name, meaning “dark, black, or Moorish” in Latin.
- Mauro – with Latin, Italian, and Spanish origins, this name means “dark, Moorish.”
- Max – a cute, three-letter nickname meaning “greatest” for babies with great power.
- Maynard – vintage yet firm, this Norman-rooted name means “hardy, strong.”
- Medwyn – meaning “strong friend,” this loveable Welsh name is charming.
- Mehul – for a baby born on a drizzly day, this Indian boy’s name means “rain, cloud.”
- Meinhard – this German spelling of Maynard seems more intimidating, somehow.
- Mena – a strong unisex name with various meanings and origins internationally.
- Menzies – a traditional Scottish clan name meaning “to reside,” pronounced “MING-is.”
- Mercutio – referring to either the Roman god Mercury or the tragic Shakespearean character.
- Merlin – a name from Arthurian legend, making us think of magic, battles, and dragons.
- Mickey – an oh-so-fine diminutive of Michael, best for magical mice.
- Midas – as the Greek tale goes, King Midas turned everything he touched into gold.
- Miguel – a sweet Spanish form of Michael, with a beautiful lilt.
- Mika – fun and friendly, this gender-neutral name means “good,” “fragrance,” and “who is like God?”
- Mike – a constant hit among nicknames for boys that start with M and a great Micheal alternative.
- Mikhail – a smart Russian take on Michael, with a spiky spelling.
- Milan – a beautifully “gracious, dear” Slavic name to bestow upon a little love.
- Milo – with Old Germanic roots, this “soldier” name sounds pretty modern.
- Miloš – a charming Slavic choice with the most virtuous meaning of “gracious, compassionate.”
- Mǐn – a sparky Chinese male name element meaning “clever, quick.”
- Misha – stemming from Michael, this soft Hebrew name is gentle yet commanding at the same time.
- Mohan – perhaps the most irresistible of male names that start with M, meaning “attractive, infatuating.”
- Moksh – a stylish Hindi name with the carefree meaning of “freedom, liberation.”
- Monroe – or Munro, both Scottish surnames meaning “Irish man, from the River Roe.”
- Monty – a Montgomery nickname that sounds fun and familiar when used independently.
- Morgan – meaning “of the sea,” this Welsh name is full of merman power.
- Moritz – a slick German name derived from Maurice, meaning “Moorish, dark.”
- Morris – meaning “dark,” this is a cool choice of a surname-turned-given name.
- Moses – one of the most iconic biblical boy names with M, meaning “savior, son, delivered from water.”
- Moytoy – a recognizable Native American male name meaning “rainmaker,” belonging to a 1700s Cherokee Emperor.
- Muir – meaning “moorland, sea” in Gaelic, a cool nod to the naturalist adventurer John Muir.
- Mukul – meaning “blossom,” this Hindi name is one of a few flower-inspired names for boys.
- Muriel – a retro, gender-neutral pick among guy names that start with M, meaning “shining sea.”